R472A – The new refrigerant gas with the lowest GWP ever
Discover R472A, the refrigerant gas with the lowest GWP ever in the ultra-low temperature sector.
COOLING DOWN GLOBAL WARMING
Sustainability and innovation. These two concepts are inseparably interrelated and closely connected with the identity and the mission of Angelantoni Test Technologies.For this reason, the search for a new gas that could replace R23 and preserve the environment has been and still remains a priority for us. The new R472A refrigerant gas combines the desire to reach extreme temperatures with our climatic chambers with the need to safeguard the planet against global warming.
THE NEW ACS GAS: R472A
The refrigerant gas developed by ACS is the result of constant research and was designed mainly for ULT (Ultra Low Temperature) applications, focusing on minimizing the GWP as required by the European Regulation on fluorinated gases.
Over five years of work, the total commitment of all the necessary resources put to use by the company, important partnerships with universities, research centers and accreditation centers, and tens of thousands of hours of testing allow us to present today a new blend of HFC refrigerants: R472A, the refrigerant gas with the lowest GWP value ever.
R472A has already obtained ASHRAE certification. ASHRAE (American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air Conditioning Engineers) is the world’s leading authority on regulations and certifications in the refrigeration industry. Find the addendum here.
ADVANTAGES OF R472A REFRIGERANT GAS
- APPLICATIONS. R472A can be used for ULT (Ultra Low Temperature) applications where the DUT (Device Under Test) must reach a temperature lower than or equal to -70°C.
- GWP. The new ACS gas has a GWP that is 98% lower than other gases used for ULT applications, such as R23 and 508b.
Putting it in numbers: 14800 for R23, compared to 353 for our R472A.
- SAFETY. The ACS gas is nonflammable and nontoxic, and it is safe even in the event of a leak. R472A also passed the WCF (Worst Case Fractionations) and WCFF (Worst Case Fractionations for Flammability) tests.
This is confirmed by ASHRAE, which has accredited our gas by assigning it the A1 safety class.
- BETTER PERFORMANCE. R472A thermodynamic properties ensure better performance in the cooling phase, thanks to its high enthalpy jump in the evaporation phase. R472A is covered by two international patents.
- RETROFITTING. Systems that currently use R23 are 99% compatible with R472A; those machines that are not perfectly compatible can be adapted simply and without structural modifications.
- AVAILABILITY. The mixture’s components are easily procurable, so guaranteeing availability on the market and a long lifetime to our R472A.
- COMPATIBILITY. The laboratory analyses of the mixture components subjected to endurance tests showed that R472A is perfectly compatible with the commercial elements used in cascade refrigeration plants charged with R23 or similar. It is therefore not harmful and does not cause anomalous wear or premature aging.
- MISCIBILITY. Miscibility is the property of two or more substances to mix together to form a homogeneous solution. Unlike the other available alternatives to R23, R472A is the only gas that makes it possible to use the gas bottle even partially, always ensuring the homogeneity of the mixture both inside the refrigerating plant and in the gas quantity remained in the bottle, being reusable in the future. This is a great advantage for the customer, since he can manage the gas bottles in an extremely easy and safe way, as it is normally the case for other gases commonly used in refrigeration, such as R449A or R452A.
THE MISSION OF ANGELANTONI TEST TECHNOLOGIES
At Angelantoni Test Technologies, environmental sustainability has always been one of the fundamental values underlying our pursuit of innovation and continuous improvement.
The President of the Angelantoni Industrie Group, which the company is a part of, is Gianluigi Angelantoni, Cavaliere del Lavoro, who is also the national Vice President of the Kyoto Club, a nonprofit organization made up of companies, organizations, associations and local governments committed to achieving the goals of reducing greenhouse gas emissions.